Mama Drama Starring Princess Gillianne

This is the life of a proud princess, Gillianne Danielle. Born August 2, 2004.

The Date is Set

November 7th will be the date of Gillianne's liver biopsy. I have mixed emotions about the procedure but I do know it is a must at this junction. The basis of liver biopsy is to confirm which enzym it is that she is missing. This will tell us if she has Hereditary Fructose Intolerance (HFI) or Fructose 1,6-Diphosphatase (FDPase) deficiency. FDPase being the liekly candidate and slighty worse the it's cousin HFI. Either way the cure is no fructose and it will be a life long disorder, not one that will grow tolerance. Though I am told as she gains weight she will tolerate illness better and perhaps even have broccoli once or twice a week.

During the biopsy they will also remove her ear tag. I will kind of miss that as it has becoem something of her. But I am sure that as a little girl and most definately as a tennager, it is something she wouldn't want. If she has to have surgery anyway, I guess it's the right time.

Also during the biopsy, think poor little pin cushion, they will be aspirating her toe. This means they will insert a needle and tests the fluids in her toe joint that has been causing her pain for so many months. The main purpose of this is to rule out gout by testing for uric acid crystals. This can be secondary to fructose exposure.

All of this while she is currently a happy, healthy and growing little girl. Currently up to a whopping 23 lbs, she has been discharged from physical therapy, not fully reaching her goal but her therapist believes we work hard at home and activities. Kindermusik and swimming twice a week are her current therapies but she often walks down the stairs now and says "Pam showed me".

So this is Gillianne in a nut shell AND now for some photos. Maybe later, I can't get them to upload right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home