May....Just May
Where to begin? We had a wonderful weekend in Portland meeting some fireflies and mommies. It was great to meet the women that have become such a huge part of my life and my heart. It was also a wonderful weekend with my family, relaxing, dining and
swimming.But now we are home and have to get back to the reality of life. I have a memorial service on Thursday for my ex-best friends Dad. It's hard in so many ways. Not only because I really wanted to be there for Jill, I love her with all my heart but also because I loved John. He was like a second father to me growing up. Sometimes I think I spent more time there than at my own house. John and I, we had a love hate relationship, LOL. I was a bad influence, a bad girl, but he always saw the best in me and treated me with kindness while shaking his head at my stupid decisions. 5 years after graduation I was talking to someone that had hired him to do some work (skylights). During the conversation they realized they both new me. John had made a statement about knowing I always had a good head on my shoulders and would do good in life. It made me feel good to hear that come from him.
Since this website is dedicated to my dramatic life with Gillianne, it couldn't be an update without some sort of health issue going on. It's been a healthy streak here, enough where my pediatrician actually had to call to make sure everything was okay since we hadn't seen her for a few weeks. So yesterday I notice Gillianne's urine smells bad upon waking, then she doesn't eat much during the day but drank plenty of fluids. She seems to be feeling fine, running around playing, no signs of an illness anywhere but that stinky smell. So late last night she finally pees in the potty and much to my dismay there was +4 ketones. Typically, per our plan +4 ketones requires her to be hospitalized but she just doesn't seem that sick, so today off to the Dr we go. We are sitting here waiting for the Dr to call with the results and the plan of action. Fingers crossed we don't have to go in for IV bicarb, fingers & toes, please!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home